This fall, Nielsen associates visited college campuses across the U.S. looking for candidates for our Emerging Leaders Program. We’ve developed this program to cultivate tomorrow’s leaders while giving participants unparalleled opportunities to make an impact today.
The U.S. Emerging Leaders Program is a two-year rotational experience for entry-level talent, split into multiple tracks—commercial, finance, human resources, operations/technology, and the more specialized Emerging Technologist Program. Within each track, associates are able to gain broad experience through rotational assignments with different teams and locations. In addition, associates in the program benefit from intensive and ongoing training, leadership development, mentoring and networking opportunities—including presentations to some of our company’s most senior executives. Through these experiences, Emerging Leaders Program classes form close and lasting bonds.
It’s not just about preparing for the future. Emerging Leaders Program participants have a major impact on Nielsen’s business today. This year’s graduating class made landmark contributions to Nielsen during their first two years, including:
- Building client relationships with some of the most innovative companies in digital media, advertising and fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG)
- Developing new software to power Nielsen’s media measurement
- Launching a Global Support Fund to help colleagues in need around the world
- Developing an internal talent movement program, which enabled more associates to find new jobs in other groups, functions and geographies
- Becoming functional experts, with six scrum masters, four product owners, three green belts and dozens of industry certifications
- Filing six patents and writing 10 white papers
- Becoming global citizens, with rotations in Dubai, Shanghai, Mexico City, Warsaw and beyond
- Giving back, completing more than 1,500 hours of community service
The enriching experience offered through the Emerging Leaders Program frequently prepares associates to launch longer-term careers at Nielsen, with past graduates of the program leading initiatives and organizations across our business.
The hiring process for our next class of Emerging Leaders (starting full-time with Nielsen next summer) is nearing completion, and our intern recruiting will take place over the next few months. Interested early-career candidates should visit Nielsen Careers to learn more about the Emerging Leaders Program, as well as to read the stories and listen to the podcasts of Emerging Leaders Program associates and alumni who are thriving at Nielsen.